Stay At School Nepal
Summary of Position
Position: Program Officer
Organization: Stay At School Nepal (www.stayatschool.org)
With a mission to create brighter futures through better education for the children of remote public school, Stay At School Nepal (SSN) was established in 2017 as an NGO with education as its core thematic area. SSN helps to build, operate and manage hostel in public schools, creating educational hubs for communities. With our help, children stay at school longer, improving their chance to have a happy, fulfilled and prosperous life. Currently SSN is supporting 3 public schools located in Solududhkunda Municipality-2, Likhu Pikey Rural Municipality-5 and Thulung Dudhkoshi Rural Municipality -9 respectively in the Solukhumbu district. We have more hostel projects in a pipeline which includes construction as well as multi-faceted program of ideas and activities designed to broaden and enrich the lives of students.
Location: 75 % in Solukhumbu and 25 % in Kathmandu
SSN is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Program Officer. Enthusiastic professional with excellent work knowledge and commitment to contribute for the children of remote public school makes best fit for the position. The position involves managing different programs of SSN as well as basic admin and finance work.
· Plan, organize and implement programs and activities in the supported hostels of SSN
· Liaise with local government office and other regulating bodies for program approval, reporting and other regular work
· Coordinate with partner schools to enforce operating guidelines, system, and policy of SSN in running hostel
· Plan and organize training and workshop for hostel students and teachers
· Undertake research, data collection and networking activities with schools, stakeholders, community and local government
· Undertake awareness program at community and household level
· Plan, organize and implement counseling and mentoring support for the students of partner schools
· Provide contents and case studies useful for social media
· Manage scholarship program
· Help with other duties like admin and finance
· Other relevant duties and responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Management or any relevant field from a reputed University
· Excellent networking skills
· Excellent spoken and written skills in English and Nepali
· Good report writing skills
· Soft skills of research and facilitating community engagement
· Good knowledge of local culture, community and geography
· Willingness to live and adapt in the remote mountain village with basic facility
· At least 2 years’ work experience in the similar field
· Commitment for at least 2 years
Salary and benefits: Attractive package of salary and benefits based on experience, qualifications and policy of SSN.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with at least 2 reference by email to:
email@example.com before 5 PM, 15 June, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the online interview. Preference will be given to local candidates from the marginalized community.