Vacancy Announcement for Research Coordinator
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading organizations in the psychosocial and mental health field. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
Currently, the organization is implementing a research project to address the gap in evidence by developing and adapting a multi-component intervention targeting a range of negative mental and physical health outcomes by promoting positive mental health; preventing mental disorders (specifically, depression and anxiety); and preventing a range of risk behaviors (substance use, violence, problem sexual behaviors) among at-risk adolescents in a Rural Municipality of Morang district.
TPO Nepal is seeking a competent, committed and result oriented candidate for the following position.
Position: Research Coordinator
Duty station: Morang
Duration: 1.5years (June 2021 to August 2022)
- Work with Research Lead in developing, piloting, and implementing research, data analysis, and writing up
- Supervise research activities including recruitment of study participants, trainings of RAs, coordination of consent during assessments, meetings with participants and their family members.
- Oversee the overall implementation of the research that involves supporting junior researchers in the field through day to day field visit
- Help to produce high-quality research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, manuscript preparation, report writing, and presentations where necessary
- Assure ethical compliance with the Nepal Health Research Council and programmatic compliance with the Social Welfare Council
- Participate in data analysis (particularly qualitative data analysis), academic publication writing and conference presentations
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Public Health, Population Studies, Anthropology, Global health, or other related fields
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data analysis (particularly qualitative data analysis), and implementation of research activities in the field and manuscript writing
- Experience on different qualitative and quantitative research techniques and methodologies
- Excellent research and analytical skills particularly in the qualitative data analysis
- Experience in designing, implementation and conducting field research
- Experience in writing manuscript for publication in the international journals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali required
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with a cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: email@example.com no later than 18th May, 2021.