Summary of Position
Compassionate Hands For Nepal, a non-government organization has the vacancy for the following post.We are looking for highly motivated and compassionate candidates who are interested in humanitarian work and being part of the CHFN family.
Protection Officer – 1
Contract Types: Fixed Term(2 Years)
Reports to: Program Manager
Project Location: Helambu, Sindhupalchok
CHFN is looking for an experienced and passionate Protection Officer to support Family Strengthening to combat Sexual Gender-Based Violence project being based in Helambu, Sindhupalchok. This successful person will work closely with the respective project team based in Helambu and Kathmandu. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the project technically, coaching to the field-based program staff with the effective plan. Likewise, he/she will be responsible for promoting safeguarding and protection policies and assist in promoting the prevention of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence misconduct (SGBV), and also work on protection risk mitigation issues.The Protection Officer works with the technical team to reinforce safeguarding awareness, prevention, reporting and investigation. The role holder ensures that adequate procedures and practices are in place and builds the capacity of Social mobilizers and ensures safeguarding compliance and accountability to stakeholders, management, and donors at field level.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Protection Officer include, but are not limited to, the following:Implementation
- Provide technical leadership in safeguarding and protection to activities under the project.
- Coordinate the dissemination of safeguarding policies and procedures to the project’s Program staff.
- Take overall responsibility in implementing technical tools and materials about protection, and help designing new tools, materials, and resources as required.
- To act as the point of contact for any safeguarding, child, and adult protection concerns, providing timely, relevant support and/or referrals at the field level.
- Ensure safeguarding protocols are observed by visitors to the program area, including other agencies visiting the program.
- Work closely with the project team to prepare integrated work plans, design field-specific activities, and checklists, and implement them accordingly.
- Act as a technical point (safeguarding and protection) for all day-to-day coordination with the stakeholders, following up deadlines, and CHFN requirements.
- Strengthen Community Feedback and Complaints Mechanisms (CFRM) on safeguarding and raise awareness of these to community members and staff in the program.
- Work closely with the MEAL staff for the project to come up with reporting mechanisms on safeguarding and Protection issues and Conduct referral mapping for SGBV.
- Support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries, local stakeholders, and organization.
- Help identify lessons learned from Safeguarding investigations for the agency to consider when revising policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Help build trust and confidence in CHFN’s reporting, investigation and follow-up systems and foster a climate where team members feel confident and comfortable coming forward with issues.
Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
- Mobilize and monitor social mobilizers in project activities implementation and community engagement.
- Compile events and periodical reports, case/success stories and prepare monthly/ quarterly reports and submit them to the line manager.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on field level MEAL data, and support on Feedback, Complaints, and Response Mechanism implementation.
Representation and Coordination
- Liaise and coordinate with the local government, line agencies, like-minded organizations, NGOs working in the Palika, CBOs, and other relevant community-based structures at the field level.
- Represent CHFN’s values, vision and mission in the municipalities and districts where we operate in a professional, honest, transparent and positive way to help build CHFN’s image.
- Represent the organization in cluster meetings and other external meetings related to safeguarding at the Rural municipality level.
- Ensure effective practice of compliance with security procedures and policies at the field level.
- Proactively ensure that team members and the community operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Other duties as assigned by and the line manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Sociology/Anthropology/ Social Work, or any related discipline.
- Understanding of cultural sensitiveness to women and girls and socially excluded groups in Nepali communities.
- Demonstrated experience adapting agency-specific safeguarding content including training, policy, awareness-raising and communications tools for use by funding partners.
- At least 2 years of experience working with NGOs, and/or private sector organizations focused on Protection and Safeguarding
- Experience of organizing events, consultation, and training
- Aware of the local contexts of relevant Municipalities/ Rural Municipalities.
- Experiences working in partnerships, coordination among different stakeholders and organizations at Municipalities / Rural Municipalities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments under tight deadlines.
- Experience in developing and conducting training on Protection Principles, Standards and mechanisms is essential.
- Willingness to travel extensively between project locations.
- Good writing and computer skills, including gathering information directly from the community and from secondary sources to prepare reports and presentations.
- Negotiation, networking, coordination and representation skills with key local actors are preferred
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, facilitate program implementation to achieve stated results and objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and women applicants are highly encouraged to apply. Candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to email their application (cover letter, CV along with filled Application form http://www.chfnepal.org/site/vacancy-application-templete/) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the proposed position in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for further processing in the selection process. We reserve the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Note: Salary & benefits will be in accordance with CHFN’s policy.
Deadline for Application: 22nd May 2021 (5:00 PM)Potential
Interview Date: 27th May 2021 HR Management
Compassionate Hands For Nepal