Vacancy Announcement for Program Officer
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
Position: Program Officer
The Program Officer will be responsible to support program team in planning and implementation of HIV, TB and Malaria program. S/he will assist program team in possible integration of HIV, TB and Malaria services particularly services among migrants, and support in all Health System and Community System Strengthening related activities. S/he will support in arranging program related meetings, reviews, workshops and preparing program reports.
- Assist Program team in program planning, budgeting and implementation HIV, TB and Malaria program
- Work with different program team (HIV, TB and Malaria) for possible integration of these services through SRs and SDPs particularly the services for migrants.
- Assist program and technical team in health and community system strengthening related program designing, planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Closely work with SCI co team, deputed staff based at MoHP, entities and provinces in implementing capacity development plan of Government
- Support in preparing and disseminate the best practices and approaches in the areas of service integration, migrant program, health system and community system strengthening.
- Provide support in organizing program review meetings, technical discussion forums, trainings/workshops.
- Support in community led monitoring and monitoring the progress on service integration, health system and community system strengthening related works.
- Provide support to SR in organizational development based on the need of capacity assessment.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Public Health or Management (Master’s preferred)
- 3 years (2 years for GSI group*) experience in relevant field
- Exceptionally good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficient in computer skills and applications
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team
- High level of integrity and confidentiality is required
Required No.(s): 1
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu, Nepal
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location : Kathmandu
Employee Status : Fixed Term
Closing Date : May 14, 2021
Application process: ONLINE